NIKKI B. DAVIS ATTORNEY
Nicole B. “Nikki” Davis is the award-winning Owner of Nikki Davis Law, PC, and she focuses her practice on estates and guardianships, as well as probate, trusts, and fiduciary law. Nikki has worked in the legal industry since 2001 – for over 20 years, working at some of the top law firms in the region. With significant and focused experience, she has mastered the nuances of the law and uses this proficiency to protect your rights and the rights of your loved ones.
You can trust Nikki to do what’s best for you and your family. She’s a problem-solver, always looking for the best methods of protection no matter the situation or the value of the estate. Throughout her career, she has successfully represented numerous parties in guardianship, probate, and trust disputes, including fiduciaries and beneficiaries facing litigation throughout Texas.
Nikki routinely represents both families and fiduciaries, including executors, trustees, and agents under powers of attorney. In addition to her extensive work in private practice, her years of experience and success have made her a highly sought-after advocate for court appointments to work with patients in Harris County psychiatric facilities.
Nikki works with families in Texas that are struggling with both the loss of a loved one and confusion regarding the estate administration process. In all matters, she begins her client counseling by assessing the situation and each person’s goals. She then reviews and analyzes any documents or instruments relative to the estate. Most of her clients need help with securing assets and/or seeking the protection of a loved one’s health and finances.
She advises families through voluntary and involuntary commitment proceedings. When a mental health issue comes up, Nikki serves as an advocate for those with mental illness, advises as to a patient’s rights with respect to mental health law, and advises families about seeking mental health intervention for a loved one. Her mental health advocacy can often lead to guardianships. If your situation requires guardianship, she uses the least restrictive method possible to preserve rights and independence. In addition, if your situation involves a family member or estate in danger, Nikki immediately files the necessary documents for protection.
Nikki graduated from Sam Houston State University with a Bachelor of Arts in English in 1998. She earned her law degree from South Texas College of Law Houston in 2001.
Nikki has been selected by her peers for inclusion in both Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2005 – 2009, 2011) and Texas Super Lawyers (2020 – 2022). She was also named among the Top Attorneys in Texas in 2020.
Of working with Nikki, fellow attorneys in the community say she, “is professional and efficient. I would not hesitate to recommend her for complex probate litigation” and “”Nikki” is a fantastic attorney. As opposing counsel, she was professional but tough. Highly recommend and I look forward to working with her again.”
Nikki is a member of the Houston Bar Association (Probate Law Section), Attorneys in Tax and Probate, Disability and Elder Law Attorney Association (Board Member), State Bar of Texas, and American Bar Association (Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section). Nikki’s spare time involves happily attending her three kids’ sporting events and practices. She also enjoys exercising, running and traveling.
- Estate Planning
- Fiduciary Law
- Mental Health Law
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Juris Doctorate, 2001
- Sam Houston State University, Bachelor of Arts in English, 1998
- Texas, 2001
- Certified by the State Bar of Texas as an Ad Litem in Heirship and Guardianship Matters
- State Bar of Texas
- Attorneys in Tax and Probate
- Disability and Elder Law Attorney Association, Board Member
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section
- Houston Bar Association, Probate Law Section
- Texas Super Lawyers, 2020 – 2022
- Top Attorneys in Texas, 2020
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2005 – 2009, 2011
- Role of Guardian Ad Litem & Attorney Ad Litem, Advanced Guardianship Law, 2018.
- Role of Guardian Ad Litem & Attorney Ad Litem, Houston Bar Association Guardianship Ad Litem in Probate Court Institute, 2015.
- Alternatives to Guardianship, Docket Call in Probate Court, 2014.
- Anatomy of a Will, South Texas College of Law Wills and Probate Institute, 2012.
- The Client Interview: Probate and Estate Administration and the Engagement Agreement: One Knee and a Diamond Ring—Lawyer Style, San Antonio Estate Planners Council, 2007.
- Guardianships: Guardian of the Estate, Guardian of the Person, and Ad Litem Appointments, State Bar of Texas 28th Annual Advanced Estate Planning and Probate, 2003.
- State Bar of Texas: Texas Guardianship Manual, Former Associate Editor, 2012